Help ensure your eligible patients can start and stay on DUPIXENTDUPIXENT MyWay® provides support to patients to help enable access to DUPIXENT:
Patients can enroll in
DUPIXENT MyWay by calling 1-844-DUPIXEN(T) or by visiting DUPIXENT.com and completing
the enrollment form
DUPIXENT MyWay Enrollment Forms
Verifies your patient’s specific health plan coverage for DUPIXENT, as well as copay information
- If a PA is required, your DUPIXENT MyWay Coordinator can help you navigate the PA process
- Your DUPIXENT MyWay Coordinator will follow up with the payer regarding the status of the PA on an ongoing basis
- If coverage is denied, your DUPIXENT MyWay Coordinator will help you and your patients understand the appeals process
- DUPIXENT MyWay can also provide educational tools, such as a sample letter of medical necessity and sample letters of appeal, to help with the process if you are not already familiar with the process
- Our experienced team is available to help understand the appeals process
- Download a complete guide and sample letters regarding coverage for DUPIXENT:
- a DUPIXENT MyWay can provide certain limited support.
- b Approval is not guaranteed. Appealing the health plan’s denial does not always result in approval of DUPIXENT.
Patient Access Support
Eligible patients covered by commercial health insurance may pay as little as $0 for DUPIXENT (maximum program benefit of $13,000 per patient per calendar year)
Patient Assistance Program
If patients meet these eligibility requirements, DUPIXENT may be provided at no cost, subject to program terms and conditionsd
- Must be uninsured, functionally uninsured, or meet other coverage requirements
- Must be a resident of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico
- Must be treated by an HCP in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico
- Must use DUPIXENT for an indication approved by the US Food and Drug Administration
- Must not be an inpatient
- Must meet financial criteria. If patient is aged <18 years, a parent or legal guardian must meet financial criteriae
- d Eligible commercial patients receive 30-day supply shipments for 12 months at no cost unless eligibility status changes. Patients may reapply after 12 months if they still meet the criteria. Medicare patients with or without the Part D (pharmacy) benefit may qualify and may receive 30-day supply shipments for up to 1 calendar year. Assistance period for Medicaid patients varies based on eligibility criteria. Restrictions may apply.
- e Patients are considered for eligibility based on individual circumstances.
DUPIXENT® and DUPIXENT MyWay® are registered trademarks of Sanofi Biotechnology.
DUPIXENT MyWay Nurse Educators
Every enrolled patient is assigned a phone-based DUPIXENT MyWay Nurse Educator
- Within 1 business day after receiving a completed and signed enrollment form, the Nurse Educator will contact your patient and introduce the program
- The Nurse Educator will provide benefit information as soon as the benefits investigation is complete and help the patient through the process of getting started on DUPIXENT
Disease and Treatment Education About DUPIXENT
- Ongoing follow-ups and education about DUPIXENT are provided by the Nurse Educator to help patients stay on track with DUPIXENT
- Supplemental injection training and planning—in person or over the phone—help patients get comfortable injecting themselves and planning their treatment calendar
Questions about the insurance process?
Our team will provide guidance and assistance during the insurance approval process. If your patients need further support, DUPIXENT MyWay Nursing Support is available as a dedicated single point of contact.